Image Map

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Random things to share...

I just looked at my calendar and reality set in...work starts in about two weeks.  Where did this summer go?  However, I can't worry about that right now because today was the perfect day! It was BEAUTIFUL outside.  The sky was blue, the temp was just right, and I got to enjoy it ALL day! These kind of days remind me of my grandpa.  On days like these, he would say"Thank you God for this beautiful day!"...so true!  

Anyways back to thinking about school...I have been thinking about the first few weeks of school and realized I need to fix a few things, get my classroom back in order, buy new borders...the list could go on and on.  I will save you the boredom and stop listing all the things I need to do and show you what I have been up to...

I went shopping to buy a few things...I found borders... a lot of borders...I probably DID NOT need these borders...but I had to get them! :)  I already have a few of these borders in my classroom, but the bird border I did not.  I plan on using that with my "Learning is Something to Tweet About" activities board.  Check that out here! 
I also went to the Dollar Tree and found a few things...I have to go back to buy  more tubs.  I need a few more in my classroom library.  I also found really cute Eric Carle stickers I just couldn't pass up. Along with that I plan on making a "Where we are..." sign for outside my classroom door with the pizza pan.  The last item I found were the bookmarks.  I plan on having my students make these bookmarks to start off our Reader's Workshop.

I created new posters for my classroom.  I recreated my daily morning routines poster.  I also make mini copies for students who need this at their desk as a reminder...this is usually needed in the beginning of the school year.
I have also been busy creating and updating items at my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  Below you will find just a few of my newest items.   
The classroom Jobs matches my classroom decor theme.  The "Back to School Bucket List" pack I plan on using with my students as a back to school activity.  We will keep these until the end of the school year to see if we accomplished things on our Bucket List.  I also creating Subtraction Word Problem packets.  I know this is an area that most first graders need extra practice in as well as K and 2nd grade students.  Addition packets coming soon! 
I created a small packet of editable pages from my Teacher Planner.  I did this for my Classroom Decor set as well.  A lot of you asked to make those packets editable...I couldn't do it for those large packets but could do it by making the smaller packets.  I also created this "Weekend Writing" journal for my students.  Every Monday I have my students write about their weekend and share it with the class.  My students always come to school with stories to tell, so I figured this would be a great way to not only work on writing skills but to also write their thoughts down and share with the class.  Anyways, like I said these are just a few items I have added to my TPT store.

Check out my store to see the rest of my items...speaking of TPT...Did you know that if you follow stores you can receive updates on the products that you purchase??  The seller can notify you to download a newly updated item that you previously purchased. So if you see the FOLLOW ME button on anyone' store do it!  One more thing...if you RATE the items you can earn TPT credit for the next items you buy from TPT.  So FOLLOW the stores and RATE the items! Hope that helps! ;)

One more thing...I created these classroom postcards to use this school year.  YOu can also find these at me TPT store.  These are my newest items at my store. 

What have you been doing?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, summer is definitely going by way too fast. I feel like we just got out of school ! Love all your finds, and those postcards look precious :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to say!:
    Thank you for commenting in my post.
    I'm following your store!
    I bought the yellow polka dot border yesterday.
    Where are you in MO? I'm here, too!
    We have only 2 days to be in our classrooms before the children arrive on Aug.11. I'm trying to prep as much as possible at home, but there is still a small chance I'll be moved to a different grade. Stress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. Louis! What about you? Oh goodness...I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! Unless you want to move grade levels, then I hope it all works out! Don't stress out too much and enjoy your break! ;)

      Delete
  3. Love your postcards and posters! Super cute!

    Linda
    Down the Learning Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete